Duties and Responsibilities:
The Massachusetts Dental Society, host of the Yankee Dental Congress, one of the largest dental conferences in the country, is seeking a Sales Coordinator. You will be working with the exhibit sales and support team to sell exhibit hall space and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship opportunities for the event occurring in January each year to both renewing customers and new prospects. This position is responsible to achieve exhibit hall sales and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship sales goals for the business.
Yankee Dental Congress:
- Actively call prospective exhibitors from Salesforce database
- Solicit new/innovative exhibitors for Yankee Dental Congress using cold calling, digital correspondence and face to face meetings.
- Maintain exhibitor and prospect databases
- Organize, sell and coordinate Educational Exhibits
- Promote Conference Room sales
- Manage on-site exhibitor registration at Yankee
- Develop & maintain relationships with existing and potential exhibitors and sponsors
- Document all conversations with all clients, sponsors and exhibitors
- Travel to 10+ meetings a year for exhibitor sales and attendee promotion
- Prepare digital promotions and make sales calls to capitalize on leads obtained at other meetings
- Research new products to identify companies for booth space, advertising, sponsorship, etc.
- Produce and send online exhibitor newsletter
- Update website and Exhibitor Facebook page
- Work with Exhibits Sales Manager to create and coordinate new and first time exhibitor packet.
- Organize, sell and coordinate Exhibit Floor Classrooms and Corporate forums
- Sell and coordinate exhibitor marketing sales including attendee mailing lists, show special advertising, brochures, web banners, e-mail and mobile app alerts.
- Coordinate Exhibitors Welcoming Program in cooperation with Exhibit Sales Manager
- Reserve booth space for other Dental Meetings; this includes processing payments, preparing paperwork, ordering services, organizing volunteers and their travel arrangements for 10+ dental meetings.
- Other projects as may be assigned
Yankee Dental Scientific Program:
- Collect speaker bureau’s and sponsored speaker lists from companies
- Organize speaker lists by topics
- Solicit new companies to join the Yankee Educational Program (sponsor speakers, educational grant, submit speaker names)
- Serve as the liaison between the Yankee Programming Committee and exhibiting companies to develop sponsored educational programs
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BA or BS degree is required
- 1-5 years of sales experience preferred
- Customer-centric approach to selling
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels with both internal and external clients
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as strong presentation skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with sales/CRM automation software, event business management software (e.g. Salesforce, A2Z)
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's